Wondering how to plan your Father's day? Delight your Dad on this day with tasty and easy to make Father's Day lunch recipes.
Father's Day Lunch Recipes
Come Father's Day, and you are stuck with a zillion ideas on how to make your daddy's day special and simply unforgettable. This Father's day, dump your thinking caps and don the chef's hat instead to stir up a lip smacking luncheon for your dearest daddy. Roll out the red carpet, lay a banquet of your father's favorite food fare and treat him with a special day-long feast that he will remember forever. Make him feel like a king and now which dad wouldn't appreciate this sentiment? After all, daddies love to hog and when it comes from someone as special as their kids, it just adds to their joy. So go for it! Make your dad the kind of feast he will really love. It is sure to put a wide grin on his face. Here is a platter of recipes to choose from.
Lunch Recipes for Father's Day
Crunchy Chicken Wings
- 24 Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Flour
- 8 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 6 Eggs
- 3 cups cornflake (crushed)
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- In a bowl, mix three-fourth flour with 2 tbsp of garlic powder and keep aside. Mix remaining flour with 2 tbsp garlic powder and crushed cornflakes.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and add 4tbsp garlic powder.
- Coat the chicken wings, first with the flour mix, followed by egg and cornflakes mixture.
- Fry the chicken, until it is golden brown.
- Serve with honey mustard, celery and carrot sticks.
Mushroom and Onion Grilled Pizza
- 3 medium Onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 pounds Mushrooms (cleaned)
- 4 (12 inches) Pizza Dough
- 1 pound Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Blue Cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a skillet, sauté onions in melted butter and 2 tbsp olive oil until brown. In a separate frying pan, sauté mushrooms in 1/2 cup olive oil until golden. Season onions and mushroom with salt and pepper.
- Now take the pizza dough and drizzle some olive oil over it. Put it in the grill and cook until golden on both sides.
- Take out the dough from the grill and top it with mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, onions and blue cheese.
- Put it back on grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 container Topping (frozen whipped)
- 2 packets Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 Chocolate Cookie Crumb Crust (prepared)
- In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese, 1 tbsp milk and white sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping into the mixture and spread it on the bottom of crust.
- In another bowl, blend chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups milk into a thick mixture. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate it for 4 hours till set. Before serving, spread remaining whipped topping over pudding layer.