Want to know what fathers generally say to their kids? Here is a list of some favorite/ common lines of every father/ dad.
Favorite Lines of Fathers
More often than not, you will hear your daddy saying some typical one-liners. Whether he is hot under the collar with fury or just trying to instill healthy manners in his children, you will find every father saying a few common lines to their kids, at some point in their lives. No doubt, these sentences are often hard on our eardrums. Sometimes we get rebellious and sometimes we listen to them with a sullen expression on our face. However, as we see more of life, we realize the importance of these golden words. Like milestones they guide us in the journey of our life and help us to evolve as better human beings. Read this list of one-liners and know what fathers generally say to their kids. You can also include them in your party by making every child act or imitate his daddy's favorite line from this list, to bring in the humor element.
Common Dad Sayings
- This is the last warning I am giving you.
- How can someone be so stupid?
- Don't look at me like that.
- Are you going to say something?
- What kind of friends would advice you to do that?
- Two wrongs will not make a right.
- You have to do it, whether you like it or not.
- I am not going to tell that again.
- It is no use talking to a wall. Are you listening?
- The early bird gets the worm. Time to rise and shine!
- We never did that when we were young.
- Go and ask your mother.
- Will you let me read the paper in peace?
- Do not sit like that.
- Don't dare to yell in front of me.
- If your friend jumped off a cliff, will you do the same?
- How many times do I need to tell you the same thing?
- Do not give me silly excuses.
- What do they really teach you in school?
- If I catch you doing that one more time, you know what you will get.
- Enough is enough!
- Guys don't cry.
- Now, that's like my boy/ girl.
- Once you earn money, then you will value its worth.
- When I was young, my father used to tell me...
- Now, are you going to wear this... and go outside?
- Let me come home and I will straighten you up.
- How many times do I have to tell you that... ?
- You'll be sorry son!
- No late nights. Be back soon.
- I want you to act your age.
- Do not blame me later that I did not warn you.
- I want you to get rid of that ... (Hair cut, wall posters, clothes etc) before I get back from office. Mind that.