Many people have tried to imprison the essence of father daughter relationship in quotes. Read the article for some great father and daughter quotations.
Father Daughter Quotes
The relation between a father and a daughter is very special. For a father, there is no difference as such between a son and a daughter, but the father-daughter relation has its own charm. This relationship contains all the emotions possible - love, affection, sadness, happiness, protectiveness, possessiveness and all in its purest form. A father and daughter relationship comes along with a lot of responsibility on the father's part. A father knows that his son can somehow survive in the hash world that exists on the other side of the doorstep. But, when it comes to daughters, the feeling of insecurity overshadows their relationship, because a father cannot fathom and understand how his little daughter will face and handle the realities of life. This feeling makes him protective towards his daughter. For a father his daughter never grows up. He always thinks her daughter to be the same small girl who depended on him to fix a broken toy, and demanded to sit on his prized lap. Here are few quotations that unveil the beauty of this relationship.
Father & Daughter Quotes
- Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express. - Joseph Addison
- A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future. - Author Unknown
- The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage. A father turns a stony face to his sons, berates them, shakes his antlers, paws the ground, snorts, runs them off into the underbrush, but when his daughter puts her arm over his shoulder and says, Daddy, I need to ask you something, he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan. - Garrison Keillor
Many a man wishes he were strong enough to tear a telephone book in half - especially if he has a teenage daughter. - Guy Lombardo
- There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. - John Gregory
- My dear father; my dear friend; the best and wisest man I ever knew, who taught me many lessons and showed me many things as we went together along the country by-ways. - Sarah Orne Jewett