Wondering what to gift your
stepfather this Father's Day? Explore suitable gifts and presents
ideas for step dads/ step fathers.
Gifts for Stepfather
Kids not blessed with the love of their biological fathers are sometimes endowed with the guidance and protective care of their step dads. Such privileged children, who have a step dad in their lives, should express their affection and gratitude towards him, without any form of reserves, on the occasion of Father's Day. Even those children who have shared a sour relation with a step dad must take full advantage of the Father's Day celebration and patch up the existing gulf. A sweet gesture on your part to convey your feelings to your stepfather is to present him with a well-chosen gift. This article will assist you to pick the right gifts for your step dad on Father's Day.
Gift Ideas for Step Fathers
- A special gift that would mean a lot to your step dad is a morning breakfast. Serve him bed tea, with a few of his favorite snacks in bed. Offer a bouquet of his favorite flowers, attached with a thank-you card. Honor him with the same grace as you would honor a biological father that day.
- If you want to go the traditional way, you can gift your step dad a necktie. However, you can add a special touch by giving him an assortment of neckties, all in his favorite colors or simply 5-6 ties, to match some of his special suits.
- Gift him a T shirt that reads something like 'World's Best Dad' or 'I Love my Dad'. Make him wear it and give him a treat at his favorite food joint or beer bar. Else, simply go out for his favorite movie together.
- If your step dad enjoys cooking, you can present him with a chef's hat and a cookbook. On the contrary, you can also wear an apron and chef's hat yourself and cook him some of his favorite dishes on Father's Day.
- Accessories are also excellent Father's Day gifts to present to your stepfather. You may decide on belts, sunglasses, wallets, watch, cufflinks or a portfolio bag, depending on what he really needs or what he would really love to possess.
- A gift that is most suitable for step dads who enjoy reading is a hard bound book. You can gift him a book that touches on the relationship shared by a father and a son. Else, gift a current bestseller, a classic novel or any book of his likes.
- You can also take some care to find out your step dad's taste of music and give him a collection of CD's and DVD's of his favorite music bands. It can be a compilation of any musical composition that he likes, right from masterpieces of Beethoven and Mozart to classic songs by Dire Straits and Beatles.
- If your step dad is a sporty kind, gift him something that goes well with his area of interest. It can be a tennis racquet or a golf set, depending on the sport he plays. If your dad is into indoor games or board games, a classic chess set or dartboards are perfect gifts.