This write up on the Father's Day provides an insight into the origin of the Father's Day and other interesting facts on the Father's Day.
Father's Day Facts
- Father's Day always falls on the third Sunday in June.
- Father's Day originated in America.
- The first Father's Day was celebrated on June 19 1910 in Spokane, Washington USA.
- The idea of Father's Day came from a Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd came out with the idea of the father's day.
- Father's Day was supported by President Calvin Coolidge in 1924.
- In 1966, President Lyndon Johnson declared the 3rd Sunday of June as Father's Day with a presidential proclamation.
- In 1972, President Richard Nixon established the Father's Day as a permanently holiday.
- The Romans honored their dead fathers, every February.
- The necktie is the most common and famous Father's Day gift.
- Official Flower: Rose - wear red for living father and white for deceased father.